If you’ve ever worked with prefabs before, you know they can be broken if you decide to move around or remove objects held on those prefabs. In other instances directly placing a model in the scene creates a prefab and links back to the model, instead of a prefab reference.
Another common issue is downgrading prefabs, which in fact usually breaks all connected components and nested prefabs, something that forces users to use a specific unity version or spend hours manually re-setting up the prefabs.
And while these are just a few ways prefabs are utilized, in every instance, a prefab can in fact become broken with enough messing around with a project.
Prefab Fixer gives you 3 ways of fixing your prefabs, by Fixing, Reverting or Re-connecting them, allowing the prefabs to update based on the option you choose.
- 3 Editing Modes (Fix, Revert & Reconnect)
- 2 Selection Modes (Manual & Object Select)
- 3 Save Modes (Source, Scene & Custom)
- Local information notifications (editor window)
- Easy to use system
- Custom editor window for easy use
- Easy to debug
What you get:
- 1 Main Script (2 Version – Unity 5 & Unity 2018)
- 1 Helper Script (PF Importer)
You can learn more about the product(s) on the forums!
Feel free to share your work there if you’ve used our assets in your project.